Deepening Student Thinking in Science
The Critical Thinking Consortium has created two documents to support science teachers at all grade levels in their efforts to nurture student thinking and increase student engagement in science. The resources provide practical and teacher-friendly Tips for Teachers that address the following:
Promoting critical thinking in science:
1. What is critical thinking? What does critical thinking look like in the classroom?
2. Why promote critical thinking in science?
3. When should we invite critical thinking?
4. How can I support critical thinking in science?
- Promoting Critical Thinking in Science
- Tweaking Questions and Tasks to Deepen Scientific Thinking in Science
For additional information and teacher resources visit: www.tc2.ca
Tweaking questions and tasks to deepen critical thinking in science:
Examples illustrate how common tasks and questions in science can be enriched using suggested strategies.